Reverse Osmosis is an efficient, membrane-based method of desalination that removes salt from water by forcing saltwater through a semi-permiable membrane. The method gets is name from the osmotic affect which naturally occurs in living organisms. The pressure to reverse osmotic pressure requires a significant amount of energy, but is far more efficient than thermal desalination techniques.
Reverse Osmosis is the leading desalination technology for desalination companies today, and is approaching the limits for efficiency set by the laws of physics. The next frontier for cost reductions will likely be integrating the process with variable renewable energy sources like wind and solar energy.
- Disclosure Of Interest/ Changes In Interest Of Director/ Chief Executive Officer - Notice Of Changes In Director's InterestJun 09, 2017 - Disclosure Of Interest/ Changes In Interest Of Director/ Chief Executive Officer - Notice Of Changes In Director's Interest
- Disclosure Of Interest/ Changes In Interest Of Director/ Chief Executive Officer - Notice Of Changes In Director's InterestJun 08, 2017 - Disclosure Of Interest/ Changes In Interest Of Director/ Chief Executive Officer - Notice Of Changes In Director's Interest
- Disclosure Of Interest/ Changes In Interest Of Director/ Chief Executive Officer - Disclosure Of Interest/Change In Interest Of DirectorJun 02, 2017 - Disclosure Of Interest/ Changes In Interest Of Director/ Chief Executive Officer - Disclosure Of Interest/Change In Interest Of Director
- Aquatech Proudly Sponsors Produced Water Middle East 2017Produced Water Middle East is a forum for the latest advice on best practices, cost reduction opportunities and case studies focused on problem solving that draws both on regional experience, and international experience that can be translated into the region. Aquatech International will be on hand to provide insight and innovative solutions to today’s toughest […]
- DESIGNED AND SUPPLIED BY AQUATECH, EGYPT’S FIRST INTEGRATED ZLD PLANT WINS DISTINCTION AT 2017 GWI AWARDSEgypt’s first integrated Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) plant, owned and operated by the Egyptian Ethylene and Derivatives Company (ETHYDCO), has been honored at the 2017 Global Water Awards with a Distinction Award in the Industrial Plant of the Year category, which recognizes projects commissioned in 2016 that represent the most impressive technical and environmental achievements in the field of […]
- A Comparison of ELG Compliance Options for Flue Scrubber WastewaterPower Magazine 03/01/2017 | Dan Bjorklund Meeting the requirements of the Effluent Limitations Guidelines (ELG) means careful consideration of the various options. Both biological treatment and zero liquid discharge (ZLD) approaches have their place, but ZLD may offer more flexibility for the future. Check out the March 2017 issue of Power magazine to read “A […]
- Off-Grid Solar DesalinationWater and Energy are the two most basic and important aspects of off grid living. Since 2001, Sisyan has shown that Solar Photovoltaics and Reverse Osmosis Desalination can make for a reliable, efficient source of energy and water. Until recently, the lead acid batteries required to produce water around the clock have accounted for over […]
- Solar Powered DesalinationSolar powered desalination makes seawater a practical option for abundant water. The post Solar Powered Desalination appeared first on Renewable Desalination.
- Energy Management for Reverse Osmosis DesalinationDesalination is responsible for 200 million tons of CO2 emissions a year, significantly contributing to global warming. Of course, global warming also contributes to drought highlighting the water-energy nexus. Energy management is the most important aspect of reducing CO2 emissions associated with desalination. Although Reverse Osmosis (RO) consumes 4 times less energy than thermal desalination processes, […]
- IOTA Sets Stage for Zero-Cost Digital Energy TradingMuch more than a digital cryptocurrency, IOTA tokens are said to open gateways for individuals and organizations, or rather their digital, virtual proxies and automated software agents, to carry out activities across what IOTA expects and hopes will be a virtually limitless vista of distributed, peer-to-peer (P2P) Tangle network transaction and distributed ledger systems and […]
- Renewable, Hybrid Island Microgrid Projects Under Way on Aruba, US Virgin IslandsSolar and advanced battery storage technologies are catching on in the Caribbean as prices continue to fall and island states struggle with high, volatile costs of fossil fuel imports and environmental degradation. The post Renewable, Hybrid Island Microgrid Projects Under Way on Aruba, US Virgin Islands appeared first on Microgrid Media.
- WEBINAR – Aug 15: Stacking Value with VPPs in Today’s Digital Power GridMoving Distributed Networked Energy into the Mainstream 9/15/2017 2pm EDT The virtual power plant (VPP) is a solution to a host of customer, utility, and transmission system challenges. Projects are pushing the envelope by intelligently managing diverse distributed energy resources (DER) with a distributed systems-of-systems approach. There are many innovators in the VPP space, including […]
- Twenty-three European Energy Co.’s to Launch Blockchain Distributed Energy Trading TrialNo less than 23 leading European energy trading companies are lauching one of the largest and most ambitious blockchain energy trading "proof of concept" projects to date. The post Twenty-three European Energy Co.’s to Launch Blockchain Distributed Energy Trading Trial appeared first on Microgrid Media.
- India’s Simpa Networks Launches Off-Grid, Pay-Go Home Solar-Satellite TV Service BundleIndian mobile PAYG off-grid home solar provider Simpa Networks announced the launch of Magic TV, the country’s first solar-powered pay-as-you-go satellite TV solution. The post India’s Simpa Networks Launches Off-Grid, Pay-Go Home Solar-Satellite TV Service Bundle appeared first on Microgrid Media.